7 THINGS LEARNT FROM PREMIER LEAGUE GAMES (WEEK 22)
1. No team successfully recorded maximum points (12) from the four games played over the festive period. Tottenham Hotspur and Manchester City went closet, but drew against West Ham United and Crystal Palace respectively.
2. Jack Wilshere netted his first Premier League goal for over two years against Chelsea on Wednesday night at the Emirates Stadium. His last strike came on the final day of the 2014/15 season against West Bromwich Albion.
3. Mohamed Salah was given time off by Jurgen Klopp, and the Egyptian winger had full value for the extra days’ off winning the 2017 Aiteo CAF African Footballer of the Year award.
4. Anthony Martial and Jesse Lingard sensational winning strikes ended a run of three successive draws for Manchester United at Goodison Park.
5. Alexandre Lacazette has gone over 7-hours without scoring a goal for Arsenal. Surely trying times for the Gunners’ record signing.
6. The busy festive period concluded with some of the finest strikes recorded this season. Anthony Martial, Jesse Lingard, Hector Bellerin, Pedro Obiang and Son Heung-min top of that list.
7. One thing we learnt from the hat-trick of misses from Alvaro Morata against Arsenal? The Spanish striker and Romelu Lukaku are in the same Whatsapp group, and evidently Morata is the group admin!